Survival on Mars is a question of dredging up enough supplies to keep you going, salvaging the mission that was there before you and managing your needs.
Needs[edit | edit source]
- Oxygen is absolutely essential to your survival. You can procure it from supply drops or by harvesting water from white crystal deposits, then converting it with the Electrolyzer or Portable Electrolyzer. To refill your oxygen tanks, open the inventory and drag fresh oxygen into your suit's tank.
- Sustenance is maintained by consuming food. The nutritional value of food varies and some food can provide additional effects.
- Hydration is maintained by drinking water. You can procure drinkable water from supply drops or by harvesting water from white crystal deposits, then converting it with the Electrolyzer or Portable Electrolyzer.
- Suit power is used to maintain your body temperature. The greater the difference between the ambient temperature and the current setting on your space suit, the faster your battery will be depleted. You can restore energy by swapping batteries out in inventory (just drag and drop one from your inventory onto the battery slot) or recharging at a charger. Every ruined colony of the first wave has a charger that will fully restore your power reserves and any batteries on the tool belt (not the inventory).
- Radiation represents your total rad count. You are constantly exposed to cosmic radiation while wandering the surface of Mars. Certain areas, typically near large ruined colonies, will also have an elevated background radiation count. Radiation naturally decays over time, as long as you are shielded. Rad Shield provides temporary reprieve, with permanent shelters built from dense materials offering permanent protection.
- Vitality represents health. Your body regenerates naturally from injuries sustained by falling from great heights or exposure to meteor strikes, as long as all the characteristics are met.
List of survival assets[edit | edit source]
|Battery||Batteries store energy when charged from a Battery Charger. Small batteries are used to supply power to portable equipment. Improving the ENERGY CAPACITY of the battery will allow it to supply power for longer. Batteries store energy when charged from a Battery Charger. Their energy is essential for maintaining the functionality of the 'Second-Wave Colonist Suit'. Improving the ENERGY CAPACITY of the battery will allow it to supply power for longer.|
|Consumable||Purified drinking water can be consumed to meet the critical survival need of HYDRATION. Drinking Water can be produced with an Electrolyzer or Portable Electrolyzer. Restores 25% of HYDRATION level.|
|Consumable||Consuming Suit Tape will repair any punctures sustained by the 'Second Wave Colonist Suit'.|
|Consumable||Consuming Mint Cake increases SUSTENANCE (10%) and a short term increase to VITALITY RECOVERY RATE.|
|Consumable||Consuming food increases SUSTENANCE (20%).|
|Consumable||Consuming food increases SUSTENANCE (12%).|
|Consumable||Rad Shield provides a small reduction to RADIATION (3%) and a short term improvement to the RADIATION DECAY rate.|